Thursday 24 January 2013

TEMPLES - "SHELTER SONG" (2012)


That old Donovan geezer (terrible hair, bad teeth, bit deluded, you know the one) loves to whittle on about how he invented the 60s, flower power, drugs, grooviness, free love, bananas, beat poetry and heaven knows what else dribbles into his hurdy gurdy bonce. If he hears “Shelter Song” the sunny debut single by young Midlands band Temples he’ll claim he wrote it whilst Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan and the Maharishi looked on in astonishment.

The track, released by Heavenly, has been doing the rounds for a couple of months but is worth a post here in case you've missed it. I'm particularly encouraged by “Prisms” – the B-side (in old money) – being equally as good. 

6 comments:

  1. From all the bands which are part of that half-arsed psychedelic revival that is supposedly going on in London, Temples are the only one worth any attention. And the only one who can actually really call itself psychedelic without being an insult to the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you (although I wouldn't call it A London Thing - seems more widespread than that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just another fan letter.......

    I found this blog at the start of November and its quickly become my favourite blog to visit, Its introduced me to loads of music, pictures and all things mod. My only complaint is it needs more pictures of you, your hot!

    Thanks again, Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word, if this was the olden days Hugh, your letter would win the Ten Pound Record Token.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Along with I Am Kloot's These Days Are Mine, this is my current fave. Always turn up the radio when they are played on 6Music. On A different note, have you heard The Villagers' Nothing Arrived? It's a fantastic pop song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind the I Am Kloot one but really dislike the Villagers one. Sounds like Keane or Coldplay to me. We're all different!

    ReplyDelete